Sunday, June 10, 2012

Concrete Soul: Rap Session, Week 5


B-ballers,

What’s good?

The efforts of one man may not reach the expectations of another, but in life – as well as basketball – progression is worthy of acknowledgement.  Word is bond!

Meet Nasir Al-din Siddiq, a.k.a. Nasty Nas, a title fitting for a humble big man who has no problem handling the dirty work in the paint.  Over the years, Nasty Nas has developed into a solid presence on both ends of the floor.  A sound mind, on and off the court, Nasty Nas strives to better himself in the most crucial of life’s situations.  Ain’t no future in frontin.  So let’s go to the paint and get the real on the big man’s health and his team, QuietStorm’s upcoming postseason run.

MannofStat:  My man, what’s good?

Nasty Nas:  I can’t call it, brother.  And yourself?

MannofStat:  Well, I shot the jumper last Tuesday.  You know, doing a little on court scouting.  My back is a little stiff, but I’m ready to get back out there.  Ya heard?

Nasty Nas:  How long has it been since you last played?

MannofStat:  I’ve been shooting around, from time to time, but I haven’t really “played” since last summer (7/11/2010).  In fact, I was on the same squad with you and Streets, and we gave Silk Money and Slick Rick the bizzness.

Both:  (Laugh and bump fists)

Nasty Nas:  That’s what’s up.

MannofStat:  So, how does your knee feel?

Nasty Nas:  Both of my knees hurt like hell!  I take four Tylenol before every game and play through the pain.  There’s not much else I can do about it.

MannofStat:  Pain is a part of the game, my man.

Nasty Nas:  Trust me, I know that’s right.

MannofStat:  You were the league’s most improved player in 2009.  How has your game improved from then to now?

Nasty Nas:  Man, I’m old and clumsy and short of breath.  I’ve got high blood pressure and I need the cardio.  I just do the best that I can when I play.  If there has been any improvement, I owe it to Silk Money and Poppa Shot.  Pods 2 and 4, what up?

MannofStat:  Last season ended with a disappointing loss in the championship game for you.  Do you think your squad, QuietStorm has what it takes to win the chip this year?

Nasty Nas:  That was a devastating loss, but QuietStorm is a powerhouse team.  And we can handle our bizz.  We’ve got some of the best players in the league.  And they never fail to rain down critical baskets on the opposing team’s head.

MannofStat:  Okay, Player.  Nasty Nas is in your area about to cause mass hysteria!  Ya heard?

Nasty Nas:  I mean, what else can I say?  This is like the NBA of Central Prison.  And it’s an honor to have shared the court with every player on the row.  It’s a great feeling; something I’ll never forget.  So, thank you Brother.  I appreciate the ink you slang.  And this interview is what’s up.

MannofStat:  For the 1st time in a minute, your MannofStat is speechless.  Good look, Dunn.



Deuces,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2012 by Leroy Elwood Mann

1 comment:

  1. Nasty Nas is my Favorite Mc... In order to have a name like that you gotta be nice... Peace to you and everyone playing the game.

    ReplyDelete