Sunday, August 18, 2013

Legacy Infinite: Passing the Torch


B-ballers,

What’s good?  For as long as I can remember, playing basketball has been a joy to me.  As a student of this game – bringing you the play-by-play commentary for the past six years has simply been a labor of love.  Word is bond!

Within the past year, my writings have opened the door for new literary challenges.  I’m currently working on the sequel to my first novel, “Concrete Seeds Volume 1, the Sowing.” From day-to-day I’m growing as a writer, through the education of the Gotham Writer’s Workshop.  I’m also enrolled in a creative writing class here at the prison.

With these irons in the fire – as well as maintaining the movement we know as W2TM – your MannofStat has come to the realization that this would be the prime opportunity to trust my teammates with the legacy of what we’ve come to know as, BTWF.

So, I’ve turned over the lead commentary duties to my right hand man, Mr. Blue.  You’re more than familiar with his up front style of writing and his passion for “GMB” (grown man basketball).  Pulling no punches; you can expect Mr. Blue to continue to give you that real deal Holyfield.  Ya heard?

The most unexpected substitution will be my man, Bigg Dogg, stepping off the porch, to man the stat table in my spot.  In past years, the Bigg Dogg was best known for the ferocity of a beast on the boards, and his keen court vision.  The bark of the Bigg Dogg is a staple of the death row rec yard.  But, his mathematical skills and his b-ball commentary will be the bark that echoes throughout this year’s tournament.  Na mean?

In no way is my passing the torch a gesture of abandonment.  Our cause is much too significant for me to just walk away.  I’ll still bring the Rap Sessions to your computer screens and continue to assist my stat team at the table.  My input will be felt throughout the season.  No doubt.

In order for me to continue my growth as a writer, I have to dedicate more time to my literary studies.  B-ball commentary is my comfort zone.  Stepping outside of my comfort zone is all the more reason to strive for greatness.  I mean, I’m well aware that I’m swimming upstream in this quest of achieving the literary gold medal.  Just know that when I dive in, I plan to surface as a winner.  Feel me?
 
So, I now welcome you to this year’s Ball-Til-We-Fall (BTWF) tournament, ‘Legacy Infinite.’  The fire continues to burn.  Ya heard?

Always 100,

MannofStat
Copyright © 2013 by Leroy Elwood Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment